Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7, 2010

Well, another first for the Marsden Theatre tonight, this time the first Sunday show. Unfortunately, I missed a good chunk of the show tonight, so many thanks again to miss parker for covering much of this show and compiling a good part of the playlist.

Here's a minor announcement for you!! The shift of the Marsbar Theatre to weekend nights is going to make it very difficult for me to listen in for entire shows as I was generally able to do on Thursday and Friday nights, so regular service around here will be interrupted in the coming weeks. I will do what I can, but it will definitely be at least a 'semi-retirement' of sorts for me from the blog.

I have been thinking about a different focus for the blog - perhaps a focus on just new songs played (links, etc.) (or just songs new to the show or to me) rather than doing the full playlists. I would be very open to suggestions and feedback on alternatives for the blog, or if there are any blog readers that would be willing to help compile playlists, I would be glad to hear from you! So here's the list for the first Sunday (with a few missed songs)

Animals - House Of The Rising Sun
Band - Shine A Light
Band - Up On Cripple Creek
BB King - Lucille
Blancmange - Blind Vision
Clash - The Magnificent Seven
Dee Long - Good Night Universe
Diodes - Photographs From Mars
Dr. Hook - Freakin' At The Freakers Ball
Elsiane - Ecclesia
Etta James - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
FM - Dream Girl
Fools - It’s A Night For Beautiful Girls
Freddie King - Boogie Bump
Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues
Grapes Of Wrath - You May Be Right
Hidden Cameras - Colour Of A Man
Hunter Valentine - Van City
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Wake Up & Make Love To Me
It’s Immaterial - Driving Away From Home
James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine
John Martyn - I’d Rather Be The Devil
Jon & Vangelis - The Friends Of Mr. Cairo
Kinks - Come Dancing
Kinks - Celluloid Heroes
Leon Russell - Jumpin Jack Flash/ Young Blood
Leonard Cohen - There Is A War
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light
Mick Ronson - Slaughter On 10th Avenue
Morrissey - Everyday Is Like Sunday
Nazareth - Love Hurts
Peter Murphy - Indigo Eyes
Powder Blues Band - Thirsty Ears
Pukka Orchestra - A Wonderful Time To Be Young
Rocky Horror Picture Show - Science Fiction/Double Feature
Rough Trade - Grade B Movie
Slave To The SQUAREwave - Healing Hands
Sly & The Family Stone - Dance to The Music
Soup Dragons - I'm Free
Spoons - Nova Heart
Stan Ridgway - Camouflage
Stranglers - The Raven
Tanita Tikaram - Twist In My Sobriety
Timber Timbre - Lay Down In The Tall Grass
Velvet Underground - New Age
XTC - Great Fire
ZZ Top - Blue Jean Blues

No comments: